Monday, July 26, 2010

Teacher...and student

In case teaching wasn't enough to keep me busy, I've decided to start working on my masters degree this year. This is something I've been wanting to do, and the longer I wait, the harder it's going to be to get it done. I found out over the weekend that I got accepted to the University of Montevallo's elementary education program, and I start on August 30th!

I went to Montevallo today to meet my advisor and (despite being late, parking on the wrong side of campus, hoofing it from one end to the other in the midday sunshine, and arriving at her office sweating like a farm animal) I really enjoyed it. The campus is gorgeous and small and quiet. There were two other girls at the meeting, and I was glad to meet them. I'll be taking 6 hours this fall semester, and two of the classes are online. That should be interesting; online classes are new for me.

I'm accepting any and all prayers and good thoughts that I can make it through the next two years without turning into a crazy lady! I'm off to relearn how to be a student...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.