Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Up on the Ridge

I bought this Monday and pretty much haven't stopped listening to it since. It's so very good. I'm a huge Dierks Bentley fan (even more so after I saw him play in Auburn four years ago), but when I heard he was making a bluegrass album, I was a little skeptical. A lot of his other songs are more country-rock, and I didn't know if he'd be believable on a bluegrass CD. Good ol' Dierks proved me wrong! He totally surpassed my expectations on this one. He's got some help from Allison Krauss, Miranda Lambert, Jamey Johnson (and some other folks I don't know), so that makes it even better. I'm impressed, but now his next CD has a lot to live up to!

It may just be me, but I think there's so much great country music out right now. I'm loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.