Sunday, August 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday...Sunday...whatever

Life has had me on the move lately, so Thankful Thursday didn't happen. Thankful Sunday will have to suffice.

Today I am thankful for:
  • my family and friends (especially my sweet Mimi, and even though our Chattanooga trip didn't turn out quite like we planned, I still had a fabulous time with her)
  • the baby news a sweet, far-away friend recently shared with me :)
  • my health
  • summer 2010...it's over after today (weep! wail!), but I've enjoyed nearly every second of it. This is hands down the best summer I've had since I started teaching, and I'm most thankful for it!
  • a job at a great school to return to (tomorrow! sob!)
  • finally getting registered for my grad school classes...all that's left is to write a hefty check and enjoy the 22 days I have left before classes start
  • a few days to get back in the swing of things before the kiddos arrive on Thursday
  • how hard my fam and friends worked to make my birthday weekend so spectacular...best one in recent memory!
  • getting to go to Olivia's graduation yesterday...hoping she finds a job soon!
  • the fabulous new kids' books I've been able to trade for at the used bookstore...25 new-to-me books for my kiddos to read
  • Shark Week...I look forward to it every year...honestly, I watch to get tips on surviving a shark attack...you can never be too prepared...I've learned so much that I've decided not venturing in past my knees is the way to go...if a shark wants to come get me knee-deep and I don't see it in time to get away, it deserves to have a little nibble

HAPPY WEEKEND...eh, WEEK!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.