Thursday, December 23, 2010

5 lbs of clementines, 1 girl, and a quest

I love clementines. I love seeing them in stores this time of year. They peel easily and hardly ever have seeds in them and they're tiny and precious and adorable and such a pretty color. I don't love, however, that they're only sold in 5 lb crates. That's a lot of clementines. That's a lot of anything. Clementines were on sale at Publix last week, and I like them so much that I decided to buy some. 5 pounds worth. I had no doubts that I could finish them.
I'm here today to throw in the towel. I can't do it anymore; this victory goes to the clementines. I've taken in so much vitamin C over the last few days that I don't think my body knows what to do with it. When I put my makeup on yesterday, I could've sworn the color of my skin was starting to look...clementine-ish. I'm done. I sure hope my family members like clementines, because somebody may find this under the tree Christmas morning.

Oh, and since I've had so many stinkin' clementine peels, I've decided to put them to good use instead of throwing them away immediately. I've been simmering them in some water with cinnamon sprinkled on top. I learned that from my mama...makes your house smell so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.