Thursday, June 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...
  • the never-failing grace of God
  • my lovely family and friends
  • my health and the health of my loved ones
  • summer break
  • my job, which provides me an opportunity to impact the lives of children...oh, and which provides me a nice little summer break :)
  • this chance to rest and recuperate before gearing up for another school year
  • fun plans for a girls weekend coming up soon...SO excited
  • the tasty fruit and veggies I got at the farmers market this week
  • my popsicle mold
  • finally finishing PawPaw's book...I can't wait to get my thoughts together enough to share it with yall
  • all the modern conveniences, luxuries, and clothes I have...reading PawPaw's book made me feel very spoiled
  • getting to chat with Kate tonight...so glad they made it safely home from their European adventure
  • a really, really wonderful conversation with Grandad yesterday
  • fun plans with Mama and Mimi this summer
  • sweet, thoughtful LA...she read that I've been searching (unsuccessfully) for agave nectar, so when she saw some, she bought it up for me...so sweet of her!
  • a successful start to Daniel's internship at the hospital...I'm glad he's enjoying it, and I'm thankful he's getting to get some experience that will come in handy when he gets his first nursing job
  • Suzy's recipes o' the week...French Toast Casserole and Homemade Ice Cream...I think I could stick my face in a bowl of that casserole topping
  • my visit to the library this week...first of the season, with many more to follow
  • the blessedly wonderful rain that fell from the sky this evening...okay, so it was only a short-lived sprinkle, but I went out and let it tickle my face and drank in the lovely, rainy smell of it...I so love summer rain
  • my Tigers finally getting their recognition at the White House...I'm so glad Kodi Burns got to present the helmet and jersey...such a classy fella

  • more blooms on my desert rose...for a plant that hasn't flowered in nearly four years, it sure is showing off these days!


HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great week. Love the desert rose, wowza!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    Your pictures are always so lovely! What kind of camera do you have?
    You do have so much to be thankful for...I know I'm an educator too so perhaps I am biased but I will tell you that you have one of the most important jobs...you are an incredible young woman who loves God and shares that daily with the young lives in your charge.
    Surely do enjoy reading your post.
    Hope your weekend is full of all that brings you joy.
    hugs,
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. Val, it has been a good week. I need to do something productive, though...I feel like I'm sinking deeper into laziness :) I have been so excited about that little plant. Guess I don't have a black thumb after all!

    Happy weekend!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annesta, your comments and kind words always make me smile :) My camera is a Nikon Coolpix P100. I still have a lot to learn, but I'm just crazy about it! You completely understand my thoughts on summer break...it must take one to know one :)

    I hope you enjoyed your day off today, and I hope you have a lovely weekend!

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pics of the plant are so pretty...love that you can see the rain/water drops on it =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristi, these were the first raindrop pictures I've ever been able to get, and I'm pretty excited about them! If this summer keeps going like it has so far, this may have been my only chance to take post-rain pictures :)

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.