Friday, March 2, 2012

It's about that time

We dismissed school at 12:15 today. Reason? Tornado weather. It's my very, very, very least favorite kind of weather. I'm not a member of the fan club. In fact, I'm a member of the "Everybody Hates Tornadoes" fan club. You knew something was "off" the minute you stepped outside. It was over 80 degrees today, which is never a good sign on the second day of March.

It's nearly springtime, and everybody 'round these parts knows what that means: James Spann has his sleeves rolled up. I never used to get worked up about tornadoes, but the events of April 27th changed all that for me. I don't brush off those sirens and radar images anymore.

I do think the 12:15 dismissal was serious overkill, but I guess that's why they don't pay me the big bucks. I'm not complaining about my afternoon off! Here's hoping the tornadoes realize they're the biggest losers around and stay up in the sky where they belong. Pray for those who have been affected in the multiple tornadoes that have already touched down in our fair state and across the country today.

Enjoy a (tornado-free) weekend, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.