Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Quarter century

{picture stolen shamelessly and without regret from my mama's facebook profile}

Yesterday, my darling little brother turned 25. That's an entire quarter of a century. Since the above picture was taken last week, this comes as a bit of a surprise to me. 25?? Merciful heavens. Time truly does fly!

I adore my brother. This also comes as a surprise to me sometimes, since we spent a very large portion of our growing up years convinced that the other one needed to go find a new family to live with. Thankfully, we finally realized that we actually get along really well.

He celebrated his birthday yesterday by working the night shift at the ER. I'm proud of how well he's doing in his new job as an RN. I'm proud of the man he's growing into. I'm honored that he chooses to include me in his life the way he does.

Happy birthday, Bub!

{Daniel's graduation in December...very proud moment for the fam}

4 comments:

  1. that picture is awesome! your fam is so cute :) and happy bday to your bro!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Lauren! I think they're pretty precious myself :) Hope all is well, friend, and thanks for stopping by!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweet brother is the same age as my youngest. It's a fun age. I can actually remember when I turned 25. I was so silly. I thought I was so old. LOL...little did I know?
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  4. Annesta, it sure is a fun age! Thankfully I'm not TOO far removed from it, so I get to enjoy some of it as well :) When I think of my younger self, I always think, "Bless my heart! I thought I had it all figured out and I sooooo didn't." It's funny to think that I'll look back on the age I am now and think the same thing :)

    Thanks for stopping by, friend! Hope your week is off to a great start!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.