Thursday, April 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday, on a Thursday that feels like a Friday

Today I am thankful for...
  • the patience and grace the good Lord extends to me every minute of every day...I'm glad I don't have His job
  • my family and friends
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones...things have certainly been better, but merciful heavens...things could be so much worse
  • a day off tomorrow :)
  • my job, my lovely coworkers, and the darling little people I get to spend most of my waking hours with...I can't believe we've only got 23 more days together...not that we're counting or anything ;)
  • some fun events up ahead...I love having something to look forward to
  • a roof over my head, shoes on my feet, food in my fridge, clean running water whenever I want it, enough money to keep me afloat, a little car that gets me where I need to go in a delightfully fuel-efficient manner
  • a nice, comfy bed and warm showers
  • my dishwasher and washing machine...I like that they take on the dirty work so I don't have to
  • the complete peace and quiet when I walked to my car this morning...I had to stop for a moment and revel in it
  • a sweet, sincere apology from a kiddo today...truly put a smile on my face
  • the beautiful area where I live
  • the GooGoo Dolls and how happy I get when I hear one of their songs...they'll always hold a special place in my heart
  • a day off tomorrow :)
  • a fairly tidy little home
  • an update email train going around among the college friends...staying in the loop is a good thing!
  • a small bright spot in this situation today...humans are much more resilient than we give ourselves credit for
  • really good walks
  • some rain and then some breathtakingly perfect weather this week
  • peace and contentment
  • reminders from the good Lord to let Him do the driving, and to plant myself firmly in the backseat!
  • finally getting to see Titanic and remembering what a fabulous movie it is...watching it as an adult (and I use that term, as always, loosely) was a whole different ballgame than when I was 12...my observations on it need their own post
  • 30 Rock and Up All Night...Thursday night NBC makes me happy, when I actually get a chance to watch it
  • supper club
  • a day off tomorrow :)

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

2 comments:

  1. What a great list of blessings this week, J. I'm so glad that the situation that we have prayed about has improved. Praise God!
    Only 23 days left?? wow, where has this school year gone? We will be starting the 10 hour/4 day work week with every Friday off. I LOVE the Friday off part but could we skip the whole 10 hour days???????
    Have you already had your Washington trip? Did I miss that post?
    Hope you have a very productive week.
    hugs
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  2. Annesta, thank you for your prayers for the dear student I mentioned. You're a blessing to people you don't even know! I just got back this morning from D.C. and as soon as I unpack and get some SLEEP, I'll be sure to share pictures and stories. I think this was the best of my three trips to the capital...absolutely amazing group of students and parents this year. I hope you have a lovely, restful weekend, friend!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.