Thursday, April 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...
  • the grace of the good Lord and the patience He has with me
  • Holy Week and a chance to reflect
  • my family and friends
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • my job, my coworkers, our lovely building, and the little people I get to spend my days with
  • the bang-UP job my students have been doing with their testing practice...they are going to ROCK that test next week! I can just feel it!
  • enough money to cover my needs and (sometimes) my wants
  • food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, clean running water whenever I want it, a fabulous bed, a sweet little car that gets ridonkulous gas mileage
  • electricty and hot showers
  • the births of Laura Kate Conerly and Cole Bryant Hopper this week...gorgeous, healthy little blessings!
  • getting to hold Cole at the hospital yesterday...such a handsome, snuggly lovemuffin :)
  • plans to see Titanic with some lovely friends and a sweet friend-to-be...excited you want to join in on the fun, Angie!
  • the news that Neeley is safe and sound after the tornadoes in Dallas this week...I hate tornadoes
  • 30 Rock
  • starting to find my place in this big ol' world...maybe kinda sorta :)
  • several fun trips to look forward to...a change of scenery every now and then is good for the soul
  • Pinterest
  • strong legs and arms that do what I need them to do
  • a mind that remembers most of the junk I cram in it
  • eyes that see and ears that hear
  • some exciting new changes in our math instruction next year...a bit overwhelming, but exciting nonetheless
  • very respectful behavior from our 5th graders during our presentation this morning
  • an absolutely spectacular weekend last weekend (birthday lunch! Cousin Jerry! China Grove! Blue Angels!), and a lovely Easter weekend coming up
  • chirpy birds
  • the fact that the USPS brought me a crack-you-up funny card from the 'rents today (thanks, Maw & Paw) even though the aforementioned postal service managed to drop my camera cord (left behind last weekend and mailed to me by my precious mama) in a black hole this week...if I never recover the cord, I'll just draw yall some sketches of the Blue Angels flying. Same thing, right?
  • frozen cherries...new favorite snack
  • the way the Lord is movin' and shakin' in the Johnson family...so excited about their new adventure!
  • peace and contentment
  • a nice little rain today...I love the sunshine, but cloudy days are a nice change of pace
  • the fact that the rain cooled things off and it actually feels like...dare I say it?...springtime outside. No more springsummer for now!
  • the knowledge that the good Lord loves us so much that He chose to die...just to save us. Unspeakably incredible.

Happy weekend, yall, and HAPPY EASTER!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.