- the grace of the good Lord and the patience He has with me
- Holy Week and a chance to reflect
- my family and friends
- my health, and the health of my loved ones
- my job, my coworkers, our lovely building, and the little people I get to spend my days with
- the bang-UP job my students have been doing with their testing practice...they are going to ROCK that test next week! I can just feel it!
- enough money to cover my needs and (sometimes) my wants
- food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, clean running water whenever I want it, a fabulous bed, a sweet little car that gets ridonkulous gas mileage
- electricty and hot showers
- the births of Laura Kate Conerly and Cole Bryant Hopper this week...gorgeous, healthy little blessings!
- getting to hold Cole at the hospital yesterday...such a handsome, snuggly lovemuffin :)
- plans to see Titanic with some lovely friends and a sweet friend-to-be...excited you want to join in on the fun, Angie!
- the news that Neeley is safe and sound after the tornadoes in Dallas this week...I hate tornadoes
- 30 Rock
- starting to find my place in this big ol' world...maybe kinda sorta :)
- several fun trips to look forward to...a change of scenery every now and then is good for the soul
- strong legs and arms that do what I need them to do
- a mind that remembers most of the junk I cram in it
- eyes that see and ears that hear
- some exciting new changes in our math instruction next year...a bit overwhelming, but exciting nonetheless
- very respectful behavior from our 5th graders during our presentation this morning
- an absolutely spectacular weekend last weekend (birthday lunch! Cousin Jerry! China Grove! Blue Angels!), and a lovely Easter weekend coming up
- chirpy birds
- the fact that the USPS brought me a crack-you-up funny card from the 'rents today (thanks, Maw & Paw) even though the aforementioned postal service managed to drop my camera cord (left behind last weekend and mailed to me by my precious mama) in a black hole this week...if I never recover the cord, I'll just draw yall some sketches of the Blue Angels flying. Same thing, right?
- frozen cherries...new favorite snack
- the way the Lord is movin' and shakin' in the Johnson family...so excited about their new adventure!
- peace and contentment
- a nice little rain today...I love the sunshine, but cloudy days are a nice change of pace
- the fact that the rain cooled things off and it actually feels like...dare I say it?...springtime outside. No more springsummer for now!
- the knowledge that the good Lord loves us so much that He chose to die...just to save us. Unspeakably incredible.
Thursday, April 5, 2012
Today I am thankful for...
Happy weekend, yall, and HAPPY EASTER!