- the grace, love, guidance, and forgiveness of the good Lord
- my family and friends
- my health, and the health of my loved ones...enjoy it every second ya got it, folks!
- news that Uncle Robert is semi-conscious after falling and getting a brain bleed yesterday...he's still in the ICU and his prognosis is pretty up in the air, so if you're a praying person, please pray for him (and Mimi and Grandad, who are his caretakers)
- tough times, because they make you appreciate the happy, easy ones much more
- a nice, upbeat chat with Mimi this evening...she sounded very positive and even if she was putting on a happy face for me, it set this granddaughter's mind a bit more at ease
- that nearly all of my friends and loved ones have someone great to "do life" with...that makes me very happy and as for me?...well, me and God make a pretty good pair of our own :)
- summer break, and the fact that I have a wonderful job to return to in August
- the farmers market starting up this weekend
- getting to watch the Hatfields & McCoys movie on History Channel this week...at times it was very hard to watch, but I thought it was very well done and it taught me about something in history I didn't know much about...plus, the guy who played Johnse Hatfield was pure hotness, so I looked forward to a little eye candy every evening :)
- some VERY nice, cool temperatures this evening when I went walking...quite an anomaly this time of year, and I enjoyed every second!
- the chance of some much-needed rain this evening and tomorrow
- a lunch date with LA tomorrow...we have SO much to catch up on
- getting my classroom completely totally gutted, sorted, organized, packed up, and ready for the big move
- the fabulous book that I read today...the entire thing...293 pages...it deserves a blog post of its own (thanks, Nicole, for letting me borrow it!)
- a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, a paid-off car, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a brain that works, balance that keeps me standing on my feet
- getting to visit with the 'rents this afternoon...what a fun treat!
- Daddy finally getting all the packing out of his ear today...his surgery was 3 weeks ago so I know he was beyond ready for it to go
- successfully postponing my jury duty until next month
- a lovely dinner out with Bubba and Olivia this week...they are so stinkin' excited about getting married, and I'm so stinkin' excited for them!
- the fact that The Farm is flourishing...pictures coming soon
Thursday, May 31, 2012
Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!