- the good Lord
- my family and friends
- my health, and the health of my loved ones
- actually getting a Thankful Thursday post done this week...I'm a slacker no more! Well, at least for the moment.
- a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a paid-off car, a dishwasher, air conditioning
- the fact that I can read
- trips to the library
- my job and the lovely breaks it provides me
- the fact that I have a job to return to next month when this lovely break is over
- a very productive and FUN summer...it is flying by but I've made some great memories
- getting to jump in some puddles today
- being halfway done with my literacy tutor training...I'm excited to see who I get matched with!
- finally getting to watch the first season of Downton Abbey...I've been on the waiting list at the library since the beginning of May, and it was completely worth the wait. I can't wait to get my hands on season 2. If you haven't watched this yet, do yourself a favor and get on it ASAP. I'm hooked.
- being dismissed early from jury duty...woohoo!
- making a new friend to keep me company during jury duty
- several chances to explore and fall in love with downtown Birmingham...I feel like we're pretty tight friends now
- a wonderful party last week to celebrate Bubba and Olivia's engagement...Mary Meigs, you certainly were the hostess with the mostest!
- my Brita pitcher
- people who go to the trouble of encouraging others...the world would be a bummer of a place without people like that
- the chance to see my class list tomorrow...it's exciting to see the names of your new students, even if you don't know who they are yet :)
- (a little) progress in my classroom
- some blessed, wonderful, much-needed rain this week
Thursday, July 12, 2012
Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!