- the good Lord
- my family and friends
- my health, and the health of my loved ones
- a body that heals itself, including the big ol' bruise I gave myself when I stupidly whacked my arm on my pencil sharpener yesterday...apparently I should just walk holding my arms over my head to avoid issues like this
- much success so far on my Whole30 journey...so glad I decided to do this
- summer break, and the fact that I have a great job to return to next month
- finding out the students in my newest class...I'm praying that this will be an incredible year!
- lots of progress in my classroom this week
- a couple of sweet, 11 year old helpers in my classroom yesterday
- some really fun new plans for my students that I'm very excited about
- a roof over my head, food in my fridge, clean running water available whenever I want it, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a dependable and paid-off car, enough money to cover my needs
- sunscreen...this pasty white girl would be lost without it!
- my Brita pitcher
- my dishwasher, which has seen much more action because of my Whole30
- my blender, which still does a great job despite the daily abuse I put it through
- trips to the library
- farmers markets and Chilton County peaches
- some much-needed, glorious rain last week
- FriendshipFest'12 coming up soon...can't wait for a weekend with my college girls :)
- one last trip to look forward to...excited for an adventure with my Mimi and my Sarah
- getting to preview Bub and Olivia's engagement pictures the other day...the pictures are BEAUTIFUL and I'm excited to see the rest of them
- the new texting while driving law that goes into effect in our fair state next week...it's about time
- finding something fun in my mailbox yesterday...such a nice change from the endless parade of junk mail!
- the opening ceremony of the Olympics TOMORROW!! I get so excited about the Olympics :)
- the fact that I have sight, my hearing, my sense of taste, my sense of smell
- a brain that functions like it's designed to
- my ability to read
- my arms, hands, legs, and feet that allow me to do what I need to do each day
- the certificate I got in the mail yesterday...I'm officially a literacy tutor for adults!
- an opportunity next week to meet and work with a potential learner...I've never taught adults before so I'm pretty nervous, but I'm excited for the opportunity!
- payday coming soooooooon
- plans to celebrate my birthday with my family this weekend...they're pretty awesome
Thursday, July 26, 2012
Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!