Friday, April 12, 2013

Thankful Thursday, Friday-style

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord
  • my sweet, handsome B and the way he took care of me yesterday since I wasn't feeling well...fixed me supper, scratched my head, watched "The Walking Dead" with me, wouldn't let me help with the dishes...he's amazing
  • my darling family and friends
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • a roof over my head, food in my fridge, clean running water, clothes in my closet, shoes on my feet, a dependable car, a paycheck that pays for all of my needs, electricity, electronic doodads that make my life easier
  • my job, my eager-to-please schoolbabies, hilarious coworkers
  • my sinuses, although they aren't even sorta pulling their weight these days
  • all those times when my ear didn't feel like it was going to explode...I woke up at 3:30 this morning because my ear had popped and I couldn't get it to pop back...I am tremendously uncomfortable and long for the moment when it pops itself back
  • all those times when I had a voice, because I've currently lost it
  • beautiful spring days, even though pollen and I are sworn enemies
  • a good rain yesterday and no tornadoes in our neck of the woods
  • an early dismissal yesterday...my favorite kind of early dismissals are the ones where we get credit for a full day but the weather never gets bad...woohoo!
  • a wonderful boyfriend who let me hang out at his basement-ed house yesterday just in case the weather did get bad
  • long chats this week with some of my people
  • opportunities to show a little patience and grace
  • a trip to D.C. coming up soon!
  • medicine and vitamins that are easily accessible and affordable
  • a new birthday banner to work on
  • a week full of fun science experiments...physical science is so much fun to teach!
  • the beautiful view from my new abode
  • contentment
  • hot tea
  • cooler temperatures today...high 80s in April is a little much for me, so I'm glad we're closer to normal today
  • a good night's sleep...hoping to snag one tonight since I sure didn't get one last night!
  • getting next week's lesson plans done before leaving school today...always such a happy feeling
  • my new exercise ball
  • a fun lunch with B, Mama, and Daddy at Chuy's last Saturday...and getting to run into some old friends while we were there
  • a high school reunion to plan...can't believe it's been TEN years!
  • FriendshipFest'13 in the works...so, so, so excited :)
  • a weekend to rest, recoup, and hopefully regain full function of my sinuses and the ability to hear out of my left ear

HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.