- the good Lord and the countless blessings in my life
- my sweet, handsome, hilarious, level-headed, patient boyfriend who compliments my cooking and tells me I'm beautiful...he's absolutely the best boyfriend in the world!
- my lovely family and friends
- a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a very dependable car, my dishwasher, all the appliances and gadgets and doodads that make my life easier and more convenient
- my job, my coworkers, and summer break
- getting to find out tomorrow who my new schoolbabies are...I'm praying already that I'll be a blessing to them this school year
- enough money to cover my needs and occasionally, my wants
- the fact that my very first root canal will be OVER in a few hours
- dental procedures that allow you to keep your teeth and keep them healthy
- a precious boyfriend who volunteered to sit with me during my root canal because he knows how nervous I am
- incredible dental insurance that is allowing me to get a root canal and a crown for less than $300...looks like I can pay for all this AND still get my washer and dryer...woohoo!
- my resolve to pay for my washer and dryer outright with no installments and without taking money from savings...it took longer than I'd planned but I'm happy that I stuck it out
- plans to squeeze the last bit of fun out of 27 before I turn 28 in two weeks
- a fun cooking class to go to next week
- a visit from Mom the other day
- a clean, tidy little home that's finally starting to look all pulled together
- happy memories
- cloudy days...apparently this is our new normal, so I might as well be thankful for it!
- being literate, my weekly tutoring sessions, and a book that's proven to be pretty entertaining
- FriendshipFest coming up soon...excited to be reunited with my friends and enjoy some time at the lake!
- plans to visit with Laura this afternoon...I've been missing her
- plans to see Kira and her babes tomorrow...such a sweet little family
- fun plans for this fall...Mumford & Sons (!) in September, the Lumineers in October, and Alton Brown in November...I love having things to look forward to
Thursday, July 18, 2013
Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!