Thursday, August 1, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord
  • prayers
  • my wonderful family, friends, and loved ones...I am blessed way, way, WAY beyond measure
  • the way the above-mentioned folks worked really hard to make sure I enjoyed my birthday, especially my family birthday supper
  • the sweet phone calls (even one from the other side of the world!), texts, emails, snail mail, and facebook messages on my birthday
  • thoughtful, lovely birthday presents...can't wait to try out my new ice cream maker!
  • getting 27 amazing years on Earth and the start of my 28th on Tuesday...looking forward to what 28 has in store for me
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, my comfortable bed, my dependable car, electricity, my computer and my phone, all the gadgets and doodads and appliances that make my life more convenient
  • my job, my precious coworkers, my sweet schoolbabies (past and future) and a couple more weeks of summer break
  • a very successful, VERY enjoyable FriendshipFest last weekend...I had so much fun at the lake and in Florence with my friends...that long weekend away with my girls was exactly what I needed
  • sunscreen, even though I didn't reapply nearly often enough while floating on the lake (white girl problems)
  • a nice retirement tea for Dr. Williams on Sunday
  • getting to see my sweet Sash at the tea...I miss her
  • a perfect birthday-eve celebration...pedicures, Chuy's, birthday cake, and The Bachelorette...Angie, Laura, Ashlee, and Holleigh were so sweet to invite me along and celebrate my birthday
  • good news for a very deserving friend
  • vitamins that keep me healthy
  • exercise that helps to clear my head and plans for a new exercise endeavor 
  • getting my temporary crown put on yesterday...one step closer to being DONE worrying about this tooth!
  • good sleep, even though I'm having a hard time sleeping past 5:30 these days...I guess it's good practice for when I go back to work
  • some wonderful former students who are willing to spend a few hours helping me in my classroom today and tomorrow...they are SO excited about 6th grade and while I miss them already, I'm excited for their middle school adventure to begin
  • my simple life
  • learning a little more every day to trust God's plan
  • contentment
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.