- the good Lord and all that He's teaching me these days
- my sweet, sweet family and friends
- my health and the health of my loved ones
- my brand new washer and dryer...I felt like a little kid waiting on Santa Claus when the delivery guys were setting them up...I'm so excited to be able to do laundry in my OWN home :)
- clean laundry
- no longer having to rely on the laundromat or the kindness of friends to do my laundry
- a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a dependable car, my computer and phone, gadgets and appliances (like my new washer and dryer!!) that make my life more convenient
- my job, my wonderful coworkers, sweet new schoolbabies that I get to welcome to my classroom in less than 2 weeks, my paycheck
- one more weekday and one more weekend of glorious summer break
- Shark Week!
- getting to eat supper with Kate last Sunday...I don't know why we've never met halfway before!...a visit with her is always good for my soul
- a great visit yesterday with my sweet Kira and Oliver and their wee ones
- climbing Yogurt Mountain with Byrne this afternoon...she has some exciting things going on in her life right now and I am so, so thrilled for her!
- fun plans with Mimi tomorrow
- getting to spend time with Mama and Daddy Saturday, and Olivia and Amber on Sunday
- a very productive leadership team meeting earlier this week...I have a feeling this is going to be a great school year!
- wonderful helpers in my classroom last week...they got SO much work done, and that really took a weight off my shoulders
- finishing 3 Couch to 5K training sessions...I needed a goal for my immediate future, so I'm going to run a 5K...I am NOT a runner, but at least I've hung in there for 3 sessions!
- my first batch of homemade ice cream...so good and SO easy...I'm hooked
- being literate, my weekly tutoring sessions, and a reminder this week that my efforts are making a difference
- the library and a new book that I'm excited to start reading
- reminders to trust God more and to lean on my own plans less
- clean teeth (and no cavities!) after my cleaning at the dentist today
- great dental insurance
- things to look forward to
- my simple little life
- my new washer and dryer :)
Thursday, August 8, 2013
Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!