Thursday, August 8, 2013

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for...

  • the good Lord and all that He's teaching me these days
  • my sweet, sweet family and friends
  • my health and the health of my loved ones
  • my brand new washer and dryer...I felt like a little kid waiting on Santa Claus when the delivery guys were setting them up...I'm so excited to be able to do laundry in my OWN home :)
  • clean laundry
  • no longer having to rely on the laundromat or the kindness of friends to do my laundry
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a dependable car, my computer and phone, gadgets and appliances (like my new washer and dryer!!) that make my life more convenient
  • my job, my wonderful coworkers, sweet new schoolbabies that I get to welcome to my classroom in less than 2 weeks, my paycheck
  • one more weekday and one more weekend of glorious summer break
  • Shark Week!
  • getting to eat supper with Kate last Sunday...I don't know why we've never met halfway before!...a visit with her is always good for my soul
  • a great visit yesterday with my sweet Kira and Oliver and their wee ones
  • climbing Yogurt Mountain with Byrne this afternoon...she has some exciting things going on in her life right now and I am so, so thrilled for her!
  • fun plans with Mimi tomorrow
  • getting to spend time with Mama and Daddy Saturday, and Olivia and Amber on Sunday
  • a very productive leadership team meeting earlier this week...I have a feeling this is going to be a great school year!
  • wonderful helpers in my classroom last week...they got SO much work done, and that really took a weight off my shoulders
  • finishing 3 Couch to 5K training sessions...I needed a goal for my immediate future, so I'm going to run a 5K...I am NOT a runner, but at least I've hung in there for 3 sessions!
  • my first batch of homemade ice cream...so good and SO easy...I'm hooked
  • prayers
  • being literate, my weekly tutoring sessions, and a reminder this week that my efforts are making a difference
  • the library and a new book that I'm excited to start reading
  • reminders to trust God more and to lean on my own plans less
  • clean teeth (and no cavities!) after my cleaning at the dentist today
  • great dental insurance
  • things to look forward to
  • my simple little life
  • contentment
  • my new washer and dryer :)
HAPPY WEEKEND, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.