Sunday, November 10, 2013

Thankful Sunday

This has been the busiest week I've had in a long time...one of those weeks where I didn't get home on any given night before 8:00. This week should be calmer, so hopefully I'll actually get my Thankful Thursday post done on Thursday. We'll see :)

Today I am thankful for...
  • the good Lord
  • my family and friends
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • the opportunity to go to church today with my sweet new friend Ashley
  • my job, my dear students, my fun coworkers, and A DAY OFF TOMORROW
  • the men and women in our armed forces who sacrifice everything so that I can live in freedom
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, shoes on my feet, clothes that keep me warm when the weather is cold, food in my fridge, my dependable car, my comfortable bed, the appliances and gadgets that make my life more convenient
  • my washer and dryer
  • enough money to take care of my needs, and a change in how and where I spend my money
  • being literate, and my weekly tutoring sessions with Mr. L...he did such a great job this week, and it made me happy to see him leave with a smile on his face
  • gorgeous fall weather
  • the beautiful red and yellow and orange leaves on the trees
  • the view from my living room windows
  • the smell of cinnamon
  • good sleep
  • getting to see Alton Brown on tour in Nashville Thursday night...it meant only 3 hours of sleep and a long day on Friday, but his show was incredible and I think I had as much fun as Daddy did
  • McDonald's Caramel Mocha, for helping me get through Friday :)
  • Bub and Liv coming to eat lunch with me Friday...poor Olivia ate her birthday lunch in a school cafeteria, but it meant the world to me that they stopped by to visit!
  • getting to visit with Rachel and Todd and meet sweet Baby Sam on Friday...he is so, so precious and I loved every second of the one hour+ that I got to hold him :)
  • my rapidly-procreating friends who make it easy for me to get my baby fix :)
  • a fun morning at Christmas Village with Mom yesterday...it was the first time she and I had ever been there together, and we had so much fun
  • getting to go hiking with Sash at Oak Mountain yesterday...I so enjoyed our long-overdue date together
  • Homestead Hollow, which has become one of my happy places
  • the college student who is working in my classroom until the end of the month...she's doing a great job and we're going to miss her when she leaves
  • challenges, because they make me stronger and they make me look forward to easier times
  • peace, patience, and contentment
  • my simple little life
  • A DAY OFF TOMORROW :) :) :)
HAPPY NEW WEEK, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.