- the good Lord
- my family and friends...I feel so blessed to have people who love me
- my health, and the health of my loved ones
- a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a dependable car, my warm and comfortable bed, heat in my home, the appliances and doodads and gadgets that make my life more convenient
- my job, my awesome coworkers, and my precious students
- enough money to take care of my needs, and some to occasionally cover some wants
- being literate and getting to teach Mr. L. every week
- a few days off of work :)
- unanswered prayers
- turkey and dressing and cranberry sauce and green bean casserole and Cousin Katie's pecan pie...does a meal more perfect than Thanksgiving even exist??? I think not.
- stores that close on Thanksgiving so that their employees can spend time with their families
- being an early riser
- getting to enjoy the world before most everybody else wakes up
- the gorgeous view from my living room
- some really COLD temperatures lately...I'm a huge fan of cold weather up until New Year's Day (after that, I'm ready for spring)...in the meantime, bring it on!
- a fun tailgate party at work on Tuesday
- a really long phone chat with my Laura on Monday...thanks for calling, Boo!
- random acts of kindness
- the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade...excited for it to start
- the chance to spend time with some of the fam today...I especially can't wait to catch up with Cousin Jerry and hear all about his new life in NYC
- happy holiday memories
- that I have people to spend Thanksgiving with
- the opportunity to start some new traditions this year
- the opportunity to go to the Iron Bowl this weekend...when the season first started, I would NEVER have imagined that Auburn would be #4 going into this game...so excited!
- fun plans next month
- peace and contentment
- my simple little life
Thursday, November 28, 2013
A Thankful Thanksgiving Day
Happy Thanksgiving to all! Today I am thankful for...
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, yall!