Thursday, November 28, 2013

A Thankful Thanksgiving Day

Happy Thanksgiving to all! Today I am thankful for...
  • the good Lord
  • my family and friends...I feel so blessed to have people who love me
  • my health, and the health of my loved ones
  • a roof over my head, clean running water, food in my fridge, shoes on my feet, clothes in my closet, a dependable car, my warm and comfortable bed, heat in my home, the appliances and doodads and gadgets that make my life more convenient
  • my job, my awesome coworkers, and my precious students
  • enough money to take care of my needs, and some to occasionally cover some wants
  • being literate and getting to teach Mr. L. every week
  • a few days off of work :)
  • unanswered prayers
  • turkey and dressing and cranberry sauce and green bean casserole and Cousin Katie's pecan pie...does a meal more perfect than Thanksgiving even exist??? I think not.
  • stores that close on Thanksgiving so that their employees can spend time with their families
  • being an early riser
  • getting to enjoy the world before most everybody else wakes up
  • the gorgeous view from my living room
  • some really COLD temperatures lately...I'm a huge fan of cold weather up until New Year's Day (after that, I'm ready for spring)...in the meantime, bring it on!
  • a fun tailgate party at work on Tuesday
  • a really long phone chat with my Laura on Monday...thanks for calling, Boo!
  • random acts of kindness
  • the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade...excited for it to start
  • the chance to spend time with some of the fam today...I especially can't wait to catch up with Cousin Jerry and hear all about his new life in NYC
  • happy holiday memories
  • that I have people to spend Thanksgiving with
  • the opportunity to start some new traditions this year
  • the opportunity to go to the Iron Bowl this weekend...when the season first started, I would NEVER have imagined that Auburn would be #4 going into this game...so excited!
  • fun plans next month
  • peace and contentment
  • my simple little life
HAPPY THANKSGIVING, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.