Thursday, February 24, 2011

Thankful Thursday

Today I'm thankful for . . .
  • the good Lord
  • the countless blessings in my life
  • my family and friends
  • my health, even though I'm currently "cruddy" . . . again. Excellent. My sinuses clearly hate me, and the feeling is becoming more mutual by the second.
  • whoever invented the Neti Pot . . . if it's possible to be addicted, yall need to get to planning an intervention
  • Excedrin . . . saved the day today and allowed this teacher to continue functioning
  • realizing this morning that there were 41 (41!!) grams of sugar in my little bottle of orange juice before I finished the whole thing . . . that's a lotta sugar for this formerly sugar-free but now just kinda sugar-free girl
  • above-freezing (heck, above-50 degree!) temperatures
  • fun plans this weekend
  • that I got to be a child in a much less PC time and got to enjoy the heck out of my Easy Bake Oven
  • an uncharacteristically good attitude about having morning duty this week
  • getting to see Paul McDonald make it to the top 24 on American Idol . . . see him here and here. He's made a name for himself on the show, but he's still SkyBar-tastic to me. So exciting to see him on TV!
  • the chance to laugh off an good idea gone bad this afternoon . . . Since it was a nice overcast, cool-ish day, I decided to take my class outside before dismissal so that we could write in the great outdoors. Mistake. The sun came out and tried to roast us. The wind picked (way, way) up. Nobody got any writing done because the papers were a-flyin'. One poor little fella's essay, four days' worth of pouring his heart out onto paper, got away from him and literally took off like a helium balloon. He was horrified until I told him that would be the easiest A he ever earned in my class. Then we all laughed about it for 10 minutes. I bet that essay's over the Gulf of Mexico by now.
  • giving Mama a tiny little somethin' somethin' to look forward to each day this week
  • spring break arriving in less than a month
  • fun people to laugh with at work
  • the safe arrival of healthy, handsome, 9 lb. (!) Logan Evans this week . . . congratulations, Mollie "Can'tBelieveSheBirthedANinePoundBaby" and Andy!


HAPPY WEEKEND!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.