Sunday, April 3, 2011

A minefield of randomness

A minefield, I'm tellin' you. Watch your step!

1. I need somebody to come do lesson plans for me. Somebody...anybody. I've got 28 sweeties showing up at 7:30 tomorrow expecting something to do, and I'd rather go outside or take a nap than plan. Help a sista out!

2. The 2011 "Take A Bunch of Fifth Graders and Their Parents to Our Nation's Great Capital for a Week" trip is rapidly approaching, and this teacher is excited about making trip #2. Catch up on last year's trip here: (the "I'm too tired to recap right now", Day 1, Day 2, Day 3, Day 4, Day 5). I'm completely aware that this may not be interesting to anyone but me; humor me! This truly is a magical trip, and I am PUMPED about going again. Last year I spent most of the week battling a sinus infection and suffering as the antibiotics waged war on my poor stomach. I'm hoping to be functioning at more than 46% this year! I'm also thrilled to be able to take my new (well, bought in November) camera along. I got two of my favorite shots ever last year, and I'm not sure if I'll be able to top these:



3. The weather this weekend has been sunny and breezy in the high 70s. Absolute perfection. I've practically lived outside, only coming in long enough to use my NetiPot (and, you know, sleep). Pollen is the bane of my springtime existence, and the NetiPot is my weapon of choice. Bring it, pollen.

4. I watch this video at least once a day. The baby's reaction is so very precious. If you think I wouldn't blow my nose all the time if this were my baby, you are sorely mistaken.


5. These little jewels are my new favorite snack.


I like Greek yogurt better than regular yogurt because it has more protein and calcium. These three are the best, in my opinion, but the lemon is my all-time favorite. It's like sunshine on a spoon. Really, really, ridiculously good. I've got a mango flavored one hanging out in the fridge, so I'll report back on that. Try not to lose sleep over it until I do!

6. Does anybody know how to move my categories, followers, and archives up closer to the top of the page? Right now, they're close to the bottom where you can't see them until you scroll way down. I just taught myself how to embed a YouTube video, but can't manage this one. If anybody knows, I'll give you a virtual high five for helping me figure it out. Who doesn't want a virtual high five?!

7. We sang "Amazing Grace" at church this morning. Not much lifts my spirits on a Sunday like singing "Amazing Grace". Delight.

8. I still need someone to take care of my lesson plans. See #1.

Happy new week, yall!

8 comments:

  1. Love you! I am in the same boat with my lesson plans, the weather and pollen, and I cannot wait to try that yogurt. You are the third person that has talked about how good they are! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your randomness!! You make me laugh. And, I did my years of lesson plans and they would not be nearly as great as yours!
    Hope you have a lovely, lovely week. You fifth graders are so blessed and you tell them I said that, too. Right after you tell them they are having a pop quiz!!
    blessings
    ~a

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of camera do you have?

    I'm still tired from the Washington trip last year but would love to be going again. Maybe I'll be rested up when it's Harrison's year to go!

    I don't know if this will help but if you are on the main page when blogging (the dashboard) click on design...on this page, you can add & arrange your elements...just click & drag them around

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rachel, definitely try the yogurt. So good, and it keeps you full...always a good thing! Good luck pawning off your lesson plans. No takers here :( Have a good week!

    Annesta, thanks for your sweet comment. I'll be sure to tell my students what you said; I'll also make sure to count how many eyerolls I get in response :) I hope your week is fabulous!

    Kristi, I got a Nikon Coolpix P100 in November. I wasn't ready for a DSLR, but it's a step up from my old point-and-shoot. I need to practice with it some more before the trip! If you go to DC with Harrison and I make the trip that year, I'll have to see if I can get you on my bus again :) Hope to see you up at the school soon!

    Thanks for reading and commenting, friends! Makes me happy.

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. So i have been wanting to try the greek yogurt. I dont like normal yogurt though so I wonder if this will be any better?? I asked my husband about me buying it last week (if he would eat it if I didnt) and he made this awkward gagging face....you may have inspired me to buy a think of sunshine on a spoon just to try it.

    I know Kristi already helped you out with the moving stuff, but yes, just click on the one you want to move up and drag it...a new box will pop up where it will be inserted and you just drop it there. You have to SAVE it after each change otherwise it will revert back to the last save. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lauren, it's definitely yogurty, so I'm not sure if a yogurt-hater would like it. Let me know if you try it, though!

    Lauren & Kristi, thanks for your advice about moving my features around! I still can't get rid of that huge gap in there, but I'll keep playing around with it. Thanks again :)

    *Julie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh, that video was hilarious!!! Love it! I also love Greek yogurt, but I have to get the REAL stuff that you have to add splenda or some other sweetener too, because otherwise it would be gross. Darn you low carb diet!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Btw, I just noticed that my blog is on your blogroll on the right! That just made my day!!! :-) Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments delight me! Thanks for stopping by.